Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Guard That Lingerie!

In the mid-teens when women started wearing dresses that required simple slips under them because they were transparent or semi-transparent, and with the advent of the brassiere, it became necessary to control all those sagging straps somehow.  Having worn some of these fashions with the correct underpinnings I know whereof I speak.  These handy little items corralled those wayward straps and prevented embarrassment.
This card from my collection is an example of a bad habit of estate sale people who feel the need to ruin all the nice paper items with their black markers.  I have pointed this out to I don't know how many of them and sometimes just get blank looks.  The serious collectors among them get it, but I still have many otherwise pristine items ruined this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment?